Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend update

Ok, so not as funny as the Saturday Night Live Weekend Update, but whatever. Casa del Burch was busy this weekend.

Jackson was a complete turkey in the early hours of Saturday morning and kept Randy up. When he woke me up in the morning, I decided that we needed to get out of the house and run some errands, so we went to Publix and Target and let Randy sleep in some. We got home around 9am or so. Amazing how dead Publix is at 7:30am on a Saturday and Target at 8:15am. It was great-I got my errands done and Jack even took a little nap. I can't remember what we did for the rest of Saturday; I'm sure Randy will remind me and I'll update later. I have no brain anymore-the baby fog has taken over.

We worked in the yard on Sunday. We finally dug out the planter in the backyard, so it looks like some respectable adults live in our house instead of lazy, unruly college students. Randy mowed and was going to use the weedeater and edger and discovered that the motor had been stolen out of our garage. I know the neighborhood had some thefts around the holidays, but neither of us knew it had been stolen until yesterday. We'd had a lawn service for about six months and hadn't needed to use the contraption, so I'm guessing it's been gone for some time and we just didn't know. We're both pretty ticked off about that-we think maybe some kids took it to power up their scooter and drive us crazy by running it around the neighborhood. It could be worse-some of our neighbors had a ton of power tools stolen from their garage in broad daylight while they were mowing in the backyard. We had been much better about keeping the garage door closed since the rash of thefts around the holidays and apparently it didn't make a difference. I swear we don't live in the ghetto-I think someone found our that our neighborhood is nice and a pretty good target since we are all usually comfortable and crime-free.

I had the day off today and Randy decided to take the day off, so we spent it with our boy. We hung out at home, met my mom for lunch and walked around up at The Avenue this afternoon before we got home and had the exhaustion hit us. Randy made a really good pork loin for dinner and I have been doing laundry all day while we've been home. It just mounts up like crazy. Anyway, another pic of our gorgeous baby boy...have a good week, everyone. :)

No comments: